The Everest Base Camp tour of Tibet starts early morning from Kathmandu. We drive through the hilly and scenic road to Rasuwagadhi of Nepal-Tibet border. After completion of necessary border formalities, we continue our drive to Kerung, the newly developed international town of Tibet. The significant highlight of this tour is the visit of Rongbuk Monastery being the highest monastery in the world. We make an excursion further to the Everest Base Camp (5,150m/16,897ft), the tallest peak is right in front of us with the stunning views of its north face. Finally, the tour concludes in Lhasa crossing over the high passes of Karo La (5,010m/16,437ft), Kamba La (4,794m/15,729ft) and the colorful Yamdrok Tso Lake (4,425m/14,518ft).
In Lhasa, there are plenty of scenic spots and historical attractions such as the Potala Palace of the Dalai Lama, Norbulingka- the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, the holiest Jokhang Temple, Barkhor market, Sera and Drepung Monastery. Sera together with Ganden and Drepung Monastery in Lhasa are known as the ‘three Great Monasteries of Tibet’. The holy city Lhasa (3,600m/11,811ft) is the capital of Tibet. We then fly with the trans-Himalayan flight between Lhasa and Kathmandu that offers the breathtaking view of the world’s highest Mount Everest (8,848m/29,028ft) and other great Himalayan range. This tour is a blend of culture and adventure on the roof of the world.
- Fixed Departure Budget Tours are available on Every Saturdays.
- This tour can also be done vice-versa.
- Tour includes accommodation and breakfast only.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- Scenic drive through the Lantang National Park in Nepal
- Tibetan countrysides and towns
- Age-old monasteries including the highest Rongbuk Monastery
- Visit of Mount Everest Base Camp
- The highest Gyatchu La pass (5,220m/17,126ft)
- Sightseeing tour of the holy Lhasa city
- Scenic trans-Himalayan flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu