The one-hour long trans-Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa is one of the best flights in the world. Especially, this scenic flight offers the spectacular view of the Mount Everest (8,848m/29,028ft) and other great mountains bordering Nepal and Tibet. ‘Lhasa’ in Tibetan language means ‘the land of Lords’. Lhasa is also the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region of People’s Republic of China. It lies at the north bank of Kyichu River at an altitude of 3,600 meters (11,811ft) above sea level. Hence, our central Lhasa tour is more concentrated in and around the holy Lhasa city.
In Lhasa, there are plenty of scenic spots and historical attractions such as the Potala Palace of the Dalai Lama with thirteen storey and 1000 rooms, Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Jokhang Temple-the holiest shrine of Tibet. King Songtsen Gampo was the first Tibetan ruler to establish a palace on this outcrop. The total height of the Potala is 117 meters. Sera Monastery together with Ganden and Drepung Monastery are known as the ‘three Great Monasteries of Tibet’.
- Only Private Tours are available.
- Tour includes accommodations with breakfast also.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- Scenic trans-Himalayan flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa
- Sightseeing tour of the holy Lhasa city
- Visit of Potala and Norbulingka Palace
- Trip to Sera and Drepung Monastery
- Experience of great Buddhism practices