Tibet overland tour is an adventure travel in the highest plateau of the world, a land so rich in culture, tradition and has been a mysterious and timeless landscape, cut off from the rest of the world by the mighty Himalayas, aptly called the Roof of the World.
The first part of the tour offers fascinating views of the incredible formation of the highest plateau of the world while the second part brings us so close to the unique culture, legends, myths, rituals and festivals. In fact, it is the major highlight of Tibet Overland tour.
The third or last part takes us over the majestic Himalayas offering breathtaking view of the Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest (8,848m/29,028ft) by an-hour long trans-Himalayan flight on the way back from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
In Lhasa, there are plenty of scenic spots and historical attractions such as the Potala Palace of the Dalai Lama , Norbulingka- the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, Drepung and Sera Monastery and Jokhang Temple-the holiest shrine of Tibet.
This is a perfect overland tour which covers most of the best parts of Tibet including the famous Tashilhunpo Monastery, the historic town of Gyantse, the Yamdrok Tso Lake and the spectacular view of snow capped peaks including northern face of the majestic Mt. Everest.
Tibet is a cold and dry land and visit to Tibet in summer is more popular. However, some of our clients have recommended that Tibet travel in winter is also “good” if you have interest on their culture and festivals.
- Fixed Departure Budget Tours are available on Every Saturdays.
- This tour can also be done vice-versa.
- Tour includes accommodation and breakfast only.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- Scenic drive through the Lantang National Park in Nepal
- Tibetan countrysides and towns
- Ancient monasteries along the journey
- The highest Gyatchu La pass (5,220m/17,126ft)
- Sightseeing tour of the holy Lhasa city
- Scenic trans-Himalayan flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu