Tsum Valley is known as the Hidden Valley that lies on the northern part of Manaslu region closer to the Nepal-Tibet border. We can see a great influence of Buddhism from Tibet in this virgin land. This region remained isolated for many years and it was open for foreign tourists since 2008 only. Tsum Valley is still far away from the modernity. Manaslu Tsum Valley trek offers great mountains, high passes, deep gorges, ancient villages, gompas, chortens and mani walls.
We start our trek following Budhi Gandaki Valley through a mix of dense forest, villages, glacial rivers and ethnic settlements. As we enter the valley, local people welcome us with their warm hospitality. We also visit some important and ancient Buddhist Gompas including the Milarepa’s Cave, Rachen and Mu Gompas. When we reach the Tsum Valley, we are in the surroundings of the majestic Ganesh, Sringi and Boudha Himalayan ranges.
- Diverse off-the-beaten trail
- Spectacular view of Mt. Manaslu (8,163m/26,782ft)
- Challenging Larke pass (5,106m/16,752ft)
- Great views of the majestic Himalayas
- Mixed settlement of Hindu and Buddhist people
- Sacred monasteries and ancient villages
- Virgin trail with Home Staying facility