Kakani Shivapuri trek route is yet another short and diverse trekking trail available in Kathmandu Valley. This is a quiet and more pristine destination ideally suitable for short trekking holiday with family, friends and children. The trek starts at Kakani reached with a pleasant drive about 25 kilometers northwest of Kathmandu. The trek offers excellent mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and the Annapurna. This lush green trek is an extension of Sundarijal Nagarkot trek which is undertaken mostly within Nepal’s latest Shivapuri National Park.
This is the only national park located in the capital city in less than 20 kilometers from the international airport. The park is the famous watershed area and the biggest resources of Kathmandu’s drinking water supply. The trek offers beautiful landscape and great views of over 30 snowy peaks including lifestyles, history, culture, religion and traditions of different people living nearby the Kathmandu Valley. The Kakani Shivapuri trek is also a blend of wilderness, great scenery of Kathmandu Valley, traditional villages and farming lands. Finally, the ultimate section of the trek takes us through Nagarkot to Banepa. Nagarkot refers to as a hill station and popular among the visitors to Nepal.
- Mixed culture of Tamang, Newar, Kshetri and Brahmin societies
- Bird's eye view of Kathmandu Valley
- The panoramic views of Langtang, Ganesh and Jugal Himal
- The great countryside, terrace farming and beautiful landscapes
- The diversity of flora and fauna including some rare bird species
- The best sunrise and sunset views