Mardi Himal trek is one of the rarely visited trekking trails in Nepal and the route is popular to provide some exceptional mountain views. The trek provides an opportunity to hike through the forests and enchanting villages that have not yet felt the impact of tourism. It is a promising trek route in the Annapurna region of Nepal.
Mardi Himal trekking is also an alternative trekking route for Annapurna Base Camp trek in the Annapurna region. This is less explored trek and the main feature of this trek is the exotic view of the Mt. Machhapuchhre or Fishtail (6,997m/22,957ft). This route is becoming more popular among the Nepalese youth and students these days.
This route is still virgin and the trekkers may enjoy with the great views of snow-capped Himalayan Range. The trail has an impressive views of the popular Annapurna and Fishtail including mountain landscapes and natural hot water springs. Mardi Himal trekking is a soft adventure trip and the home-stay facilities en-route can save a large expenses for camping style trekking.
The mixed indigenous lifestyles, rhododendron forest, ancient caves, waterfalls and the great biodiversity are some highlights of this trek. The ridges have steep sides and heavily wooded with rhododendron and bamboo forests. The high alpine pastures provide grazing and a peaceful habitat for wildlife in the Mardi Himal zone. Mardi Himal is also a popular climbing peak.
Best Season for Mardi Himal Trek
- High Season: March to May and September to November are the best months for Mardi Himal trek. Among the popular two seasons, spring can be more delightful with the rhododendron flowers blooming over the hills while autumn offers an enchanting view of the mountains as the sky becomes clearer just after the monsoon. Many exciting festivals also occur during autumn season.
- Low Season: The other two seasons may not be as interesting as spring and autumn. However, it is possible to trek during early winter despite some cold and summer is still favourable who are interested in biological tours. Trekkers should manage some warm clothes for winter and water proof gears for summer holidays. A good sleeping bag and jacket are necessary for winter trekking.
- No internal flights required
- The spectacular views of Fishtail and Annapurna
- Dense Rhododendron forest
- Various species of flora and fauna
- Amazing views of waterfalls and ancient caves
- Mixed indigenous lifestyles
- The great countryside, terrace farming and mountain landscapes