Everest region has become a popular destination for short trekking trips, longer treks, high passes, adventure peaks, challenging expeditions of mountains above 8,000 meters including the highest Mt. Everest (8,848m/29,028ft), the story of Yeti and the Sherpa culture. If you want to achieve a summit on a trekking peak and spend as much time as possible in the Everest region including trekking and crossing over 3 high passes, here we have designed a trek combined with a peak to fulfill your expectations. The trip includes Renjola and Chola pass, Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, Kongma la pass and then climbing of Island Peak. Therefore, we have named this trip as Three Passes with Island Peak Climb.
Our Everest high passes trek provides an all-round experience of the famous Khumbu Valley. This trip refers to as a hard trek advancing to the Renjo la Pass (5,340m/17,520ft), Gokyo Ri (5,360m/17,586ft) and the tough Chola Pass (5,330m/17,487ft) making a circuit of Tawache (6,367m/20,890ft) and Cholatse (6,440m/21,129ft), Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,598ft), Kalapatthar (5,545m/18,192ft) and finally Kongma la Pass (5,535m/18,160ft). The trip is also focused on adventure, Sherpa culture and their social life. The summit of Gokyo Ri (5,360m/17,586ft) provides a lifetime memory from where a 360 degree view of Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Everest and Mt. Makalu is truly panoramic.
- One of Nepal's most popular trekking peaks bounded by glaciers
- Outstanding views of Lhotse, Baruntse and Makalu from the top
- The mountain bears a resemblance to an island in a sea of ice
- British Expedition team made the first ascent in 1953
- Crossing of the 3 major high passes-Renjo la, Chola and Kongma la
- A side trip to the world famous Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar