Please read carefully the Terms & Conditions below before you proceed with any bookings.
The Booking Terms and Conditions contain important information so that it is necessary for you to read them carefully and understand well. It also constitutes a legally binding contract between Trekking Encounters Nepal (TEN) referred as the ‘Company’ and ‘Client’ for the services to be provided by TEN and defines the legal obligations to either party.
Terms of Reference:
- TEN: is the ‘Company’ Trekking Encounters Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
- Client: is ‘You’ the customer taking the Trek or Tour.
Bookings and Payments:
To start a booking of any trip published by TEN on its marketing materials, we shall need a completed booking form along with 25% of deposit to the specified bank account. This will constitute your acceptance of all Terms and Conditions. We also require your passport size photo, copies of passport and insurance details. After we receive your 25% of trip cost as deposit amount, completed booking form, passport size photo, copies of passport and insurance details, we shall send you final confirmation of your booking and receipt.
Deposits are on per person and per trip based. Please contact us directly to get deposit instructions.
- If sending via wire transfer, a bank service charge may apply and should be borne by the Client.
- If paying by Credit Cards, a surcharge of 4% will be levied as card processing fee. For your information, we accept Visa and MasterCard only.
- Full payment is necessary minimum 21 days prior to the trip departure date.
Cancellation & Booking Changes:
Cancellation charges are applicable as per below:
- 60 days before departure – Loss of 50% of deposit
- Between 46 – 59 days before departure – Loss of deposit
- Between 31 – 45 days before departure – Loss of 50% of trip cost
- Between 16 – 30 days before departure – Loss of 75% of trip cost
- Less than 15 days before departure – No refund
(1) With subject to the above, provided that any cancellation is made in accordance with the schedule, the balance of any Booking payment held by the Company will be refunded, less a ($100) charge for administration of the cancellation.
(2) Cancellation notice must be made in written and commences from the day notice is received. Cancellation charges will apply if the Client leaves a trip for any reason either voluntarily or commit any unlawful act after the trip has commenced and required to do so by the Company on the grounds that the Client’s presence is harmful to the safety or well-being of either the Client or the Trek/Tour package. The liability that the Company may bear to that Client will cease immediately, including the Client’s right to any refunds for meals, accommodation or services which are not used. The Company will have no responsibility for repatriation or any other expenses, which may arise out of such an event.
(3) If a Client requires some changes on the original travel plan, the person that has booked the Trek/Tour must submit a written document with changes required. While every effort will be made, changes cannot be guaranteed.
(4) Where an originally booked Trek/Tour is changed, any discount applied to the price of the original Trek/Tour will no longer apply to the cost of any replacement Trek/Tour.
(5) If the Company has to alter your itinerary or travel plans, any changes will be either major or minor. Although it is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your original travel plan, we do plan the arrangements many weeks in advance and as a result we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so. This might happen with the things that are beyond our control. Where a change is a minor change, we will advise you before departure as soon as is reasonably possible, but we are not obliged to do so or to pay you compensation for minor alterations.
(6) The prices published are valid for 2022 only. However, there might be some increment in prices for next years because of various external factors that are further than our control, such as price hike in hotel/lodge menu, instance changes in exchange rates, government tax rates, staff salary or effects that affect on our prices etc.
(7) If the Company has to cancel your holiday before the date of departure, you will have the choice of:
- taking an alternative holiday (and where if this is of a different price you or we will refund the difference as appropriate)
- accepting the full refund of paid amount
(8) The Company reserves the right to cancel any Trek/Tour without prior notice. The company will endeavor to offer alternative arrangements of a comparable standard in such circumstances. If alternative arrangements are not possible, all monies paid to the company will be refunded in full not including visa, travel insurance, flights, vaccinations or other associated costs. We strongly recommend that the Clients take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation costs.
(9) If the Client is prevented from traveling on the Trek/Tour by genuine circumstances, for example (without restriction) because of death, injury or serious illness of the Client, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, the Client may postpone or transfer the booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that Trek/Tour. The Client must provide proof of why he/she is unable to travel and the booking is changed. This will be done without any extra financial penalty. There will be no options available for 14 days before trip departure.
(10) If the Trek/Tour is finished or intended to finish before the planned itinerary, the Company will not make any refunds for the ‘not used’ days.
(11) The Client needs to co-operate with the Company if helicopter rescue flights are required where life is at risk. The Company reserves the right to process the rescue operations to save the life of the victim. The Company will make necessary arrangements to get paid back for the expenditures occurred during the operations with the Client’s Insurance Company. If the Insurance Company doesn’t make any initiative for maximum 3 days to pay back to the Company, the Company reserves the right to seek for full payment from its Client.
(12) The Client must comply strictly with the laws and customs of Nepal and other destinations operated by the Company whether in respect of health, immigration, exchange control, drugs, or any other matter. He/she also agrees to comply with all reasonable instructions of the Trek/Tour Leaders, employees, guides and agents. The Client will comply with the ethos and objectives of the Trek/Tour which is to be eco-friendly.
Passport and Visas:
All Clients must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Diplomatic Missions in your country or on arrival in Kathmandu Airport. Nepalese visa costs are the sole responsibility of the Client. (Please visit Nepal Immigration for more information on visas for Nepal).
Insurance for medical emergency, including injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation, helicopter rescue, air ambulance in any such an event, is not included in the cost of the Trek/Tour. It is a condition and compulsory of the booking that all travelers be covered by comprehensive travel insurance and do not travel against medical advice.
Health & Fitness:
All clients must satisfy themselves and the Company prior to confirmation of booking that they are medically fit and able to undertake and complete their chosen Trek/Tour. Any client with a disability or illness or are undergoing treatment for such a condition must declare the exact nature of the condition at the time of booking and make provision for any treatment or medication required during the Trek/Tour. On Package Holiday that includes Rafting, all Clients must be able to swim. Failure to be able to swim will eliminate the Client from that part of the Package Holiday and the Company will not make any refunds for the eliminated trip.
The Client must ensure that any medical or other attendance that he/she requires is provided. Specific attention should be given to Trekking at High Altitude. The Client should always seek independent medical advice before undertaking a trek at High Altitude and needs to be aware of the possible side effects of ‘HAS’ High Altitude Sickness.
Traveling with Children:
No unaccompanied minors (under 16 years of age) are accepted on any of Trekking Encounters Nepal’s Treks/Tours. A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of sixteen. All gears of personal use are the sole responsibility of the travelers in the case of minors.
The Client agrees that Trekking Encounters Nepal may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse and compensation to you for publicity and promotion purposes only through whatever medium it chooses. The Company won’t sell your images or contacts to any other third party.
The information we received from the Client while making a booking will not be disclosed for any other purposes. We respect your privacy.
Unexpected Changes on the Trek/Tour:
While traveling with Trekking Encounters Nepal, it requires a degree of flexibility, good humor and an understanding that modes of transport, accommodation and itineraries may change, after the Trek/Tour has commenced, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay, cancellation or postponement due to notorious weather in the Himalayan regions or other unpredictable circumstances such as land-slides, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest or delay arrival etc. Trekking Encounters Nepal is unable to refund any monies under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible we will always endeavor to provide you an alternative or substitute trip of same standard.
Trekking Encounters Nepal does not bear any responsibilities for loss of employment, missing of international flight or compensation resulting from situations beyond Trekking Encounters Nepal’s control.
All our Package Holidays are based on twin share accommodations and the prices shown are in US Dollars per person basis. Thus, single room supplement charge will be imposed to the Clients who do not have another travel partner to share accommodation with or prefer to have single room occupancy. Trekking Encounters Nepal reserves the right to revise prices of any Treks/Tours posted in our marketing materials, under any circumstances, or on the pressure of various external factors that are further than our control, such as instance changes in exchange rates, government tax rates, staff salary or effects that affect on our prices etc.
Risk & Liabilities:
Clients are only accepted on the understanding that they accept, appreciate and understand the possible risks of adventure travel in high mountains and that they agree to take these risks of their own free will. Also they accept that in many areas in which the company operates its trips, standards of hygiene, accommodation facilities, safety and law enforcement may be very poor or less than those in major cities, to which Client may be comfortable. However, we are committed to providing the best services which will give you once in a life time memory and we perform our duties honestly & seriously to keep your journey smooth & pleasant.
Therefore, Trekking Encounters Nepal shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstances such as government restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, cancellation of flights, delays, sickness or accident etc. Any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the Clients where applicable.
Trekking Encounters Nepal is committed for nature and eco-tourism. We are conscious of environmental protection and all our treks are operated with full consideration of eco-tourism highlights. We are a Nepal-based company that is involved in the promotion of eco-trips and help you to minimize the impact that has occurred by your visits in the Himalayan ecology.
Trekking Encounters Nepal is one of the socially responsible companies that act in a number of ways to benefit society; by employing locals, giving donations to preserve the arts and culture, funding academic scholarships, supporting community-building initiatives and so on. Trekking Encounters aims to find more opportunities in building up scholarship funds for the remote and underprivileged children of Nepal.
Should a Client has a complaint against the Company during a Trek/Tour, the Client must first inform the Trek/Tour leader or guide who will at the earliest opportunity take the appropriate action to resolve the matter. Any further complaint must be put in writing to the Company within 35 days of the end of the Trek/Tour.