Heli tours and treks are yet another popular activity to do in Nepal. It is especially designed for the people having less amount of time to spend in Nepal and lacking enough physical fitness for high mountain treks. Trekking Encounters offers flights for aerial sightseeing, rescue, medical evacuation, expedition support or any other purposes that require the services of a Helicopter.
In brief, taking a helicopter tour over the Himalayas is truly a magnificent adventure. Generally the range of destinations for helicopter trips in Nepal make a good choice for anyone looking forward to share something new with friends or families. The aerial views of the cultural prides of Kathmandu such as the Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambunath Stupa, Old Royal Palaces, Singha Durbar including cultural delights of Bhaktapur and Patan will give you a heavenly joy.
Rescue and Charter Flights
We have been carrying out rescue flights since over a decade to our trekkers within the shortest time possible in their medical hazards transporting them to the nearest medical facility. We sometimes charter trans-border flights to Bhutan and India also. Aerial sightseeing flights over the heritages and tourist spots are quite popular these days.
In addition to this, we organize chartered flights to popular tourist destinations of Annapurna Base Camp, Everest Base Camp, Kyanjing Gompa in Langtang region and religious shrines such as Muktinath, Damodar Kunda, Gosainkunda, Halesi, Pathibhara and more. We assure you to use the best helicopters that give you a special experience particularly as a matter of your safety and satisfaction.
Heli Trek in Nepal
We also operate support flights for trekking which has become more popular as Heli-Trek. This includes one way trek and the other way on flight. Heli Treks are suitable to the time bounded trekkers who can achieve the same level of experience relatively in a shorter duration. We give our best attention to cater your needs and requirements.
EVEREST BASE CAMP HELI TREK – 9 DAYS (KTM-KTM)
|01||Regular flight: KTM-Lukla, trek to Phakding||2,610m||Trek: 3-4 hours|
|02||Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar||3,446m||Trek: 5-6 hours|
|03||Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar||3,446m||Free time|
|04||Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche||3,867m||Trek: 4-5 hours|
|05||Trek Tengboche to Dingboche||4,410m||Trek: 5-6 hours|
|06||Another acclimatisation day in Dingboche||4,410m||Free time|
|07||Trek Dingboche to Lobuche||4,910m||Trek: 4-5 hours|
|08||Trek to Mt. Everest BC, return to Gorakshep||5,364m||Trek: 7-8 hours|
|09||Trek to Kalapatthar, fly to KTM by Helicopter||5,545m||Trek: 2-3 hours|
ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP HELI TREK – 5 DAYS (KTM-KTM)
|01||Regular flight- Kathmandu to Pokhara||884m||Fly: 30 minutes|
|02||Heli flight to ABC, descend to Bamboo||4,130m||Trek: 5-6 hours|
|03||Trek Bamboo to Jhinu Hot Spring||1,780m||Trek: 5-6 hours|
|04||Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara||884m||Trek: 4-5 hours|
|05||Regular flight- Pokhara to Kathmandu||1,350m||Fly: 30 minutes|
LANGTANG HELI TREK – 3 DAYS (KTM-KTM)
|01||Fly to Kyanjing Gompa, trek down Lama Hotel||3,800m||Trek: 6-7 hours|
|02||Trek Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi||1,460m||Trek: 4-5 hours|
|03||Drive Syabru Besi to Kathmandu||1,350m||Drive: 6-7 hours|
Here are some memorable aerial trips that we have designed to suit your needs.
TOUR 01: EVEREST BASE CAMP HELICOPTER TOUR WITH LANDING
- Sector: KTM – LUKLA – EVEREST BASE CAMP (LANDING) – SYANGBOCHE – LUKLA – KTM
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Group Size: 4-5 Pax
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour will start from the Tribhuvan International Airport towards the east flying parallel to the Himalayan Range & finally reaches to the point from where a spectacular view of the Mt. Everest can be seen. You will fly close to the Mt. Langtang & Jugal Himal on your return ending up with an aerial view of the entire Kathmandu valley.
- Departure from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) to Lukla, gateway to Mt. Everest
- Fly towards Everest Base Camp (5,545m) following the popular Everest trail
- 10-15 minutes ground time for taking photographs
- Halt at Everest View Hotel (Syangboche) for breakfast
- Then fly back to Kathmandu via Lukla
TOUR 02: ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP HELICOPTER LANDING TOUR
- Sector: POKHARA – ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP (LANDING) – FLY BACK TO POKHARA
- Duration: 1:30 hours
- Group Size: 4-5 Pax
The Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour starts right from Pokhara Airport towards the Annapurna Sanctuary over the traditional and ethnic settlements. This amazing flight offers the exciting views of landscapes, mountains, rivers and glaciers. You will fly parallel to the Annapurna Himalayan Range on your return ending up with an aerial view of the entire Pokhara city.
- Fly from Pokhara to Annapurna Base Camp following the popular ethnic settlements
- Landing at Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) to enjoy the 360-degree panoramic views
- 30-45 minutes ground time for taking photographs following the breakfast
- Best aerial views of the great peaks: Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre
- Then fly back to Pokhara with an amazing view of the Lake city
TOUR 03: LANGTANG HELI-TOUR
- Sector: KTM – MOUNTAIN SIGHTSEEING – KYANJIN GOMPA (LANDING) – KTM
- Duration: 01:30 hours
- Group Size: 4-5 Pax
The flight will depart from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) to Langtang Valley. You will fly over Dhunche where Langtang National Park begins. Then fly towards Kyanjin Gompa following the yak pastures & encounter with quaint villages and view of 360-degree Himalayan panorama. Later you will return to Kathmandu ending up with an aerial view of the entire valley.
- Departure from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) to Dhunche, gateway to Langtang region
- Fly towards Kyanjin Gompa following the valley
- Landing at Kyanjin Gompa (3,800m) to experience the local culture
- 15-30 minutes ground time for taking photographs
- Then fly back to Kathmandu
TOUR 04: KATHMANDU HELI-SIGHTSEEING TOUR
- Sector: KTM – NAGARKOT OR DHULIKHEL (HALT) – KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING – KTM
- Duration: 00:30 hour + 00:30 hour (Ground time)
- Group Size: 4-5 Pax
The flight will depart from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) to Nagarkot or Dhulikhel, the hill station. You will halt there for half an hour and return to Kathmandu flying over the heritage sites such as Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambhunath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Square following Patan and Bhaktapur skies.
- Departure from Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) to Dhulikhel or Nagarkot
- Halt at Nagarkot or Dhulikhel
- Half an hour ground time for taking photographs
- Then fly over Bhaktapur, Patan, Pashupatinath Temple and Swoyambhunath on return and land at TI Airport
- Best aerial view of the Kathmandu Valley
REQUEST A QUOTE