The most spectacular trans-Himalayan flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa is one of the best scenic flights in the world that offers the breathtaking close-up views of the highest Mount Everest (8,848m/29,028ft), Cho Oyu (8,201m/26,907ft), Makalu (8,463m/27,767ft), Shishapangma (8,012m/26,287ft) and other great mountains. Moreover, there are plenty of historical attractions in Lhasa such as the Potala Palace, Norbulingka palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Jokhang Temple. Sera means ‘hailstone’ in Tibetan. Accordingly, Drepung Monastery is one of the three great Gelukpa Monasteries in Tibet.
King Songtsen Gampo was the first Tibetan ruler to establish a palace on this outcrop. The total height of the Potala is 117 meters with thirteen storey and 1,000 rooms. Jokhang Temple formerly called the Trulnang Temple or temple of ‘magical appearance’– erected by King Songtsen Gampo in 7th century. Likewise, the next highlight of this tour is the visit of Nam Tso Lake (4,718m/15,479ft) which lies 265km away from Lhasa. The lake is very much popular for its spectacular tidal views which are 70km long and 30km wide, the second largest salt water lake in the Tibetan Plateau.
- Only Private Tours are available.
- Tour includes accommodations with breakfast also.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- Amazing trans-Himalayan flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa
- Sightseeing tour of the holy Lhasa city
- Visit of Potala and Norbulingka Palace
- Trip to Sera and Drepung Monastery
- Side trip to Nam Tso Lake