Mount Kailash (6,714m/22,028ft) is considered as the most sacred and holy mountain in the world. This is also an adventure travel into the remote Himalayan destination of Tibet. Mount Kailash and Manasarovar trek is a popular trip among Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims. Lake Manasarovar is also the abode of purity like Mount Kailash.
Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar attract Hindus from all over the world for their religious value. People have a belief that taking a dip in the Lake Manasarovar and drinking its water will cleanse all sins committed over a lifetime. Hindu pilgrims who trek around the 32 mile circumference of Mount Kailash use the term ‘Parikrama’ while the Tibetans refer to the clockwise circumambulation as ‘Kora’.
The circumference starts and finishes at Darchen (4,560m/14,961ft), a small settlement serving as the base camp to the holy mountain. The highest point en-route around Mount Kailash is Drolma La Pass (5,630m/18,472ft). During the trek, there are great views of Tibet’s high mountains including Mt. Shishapangma (8,012m/26,287ft).
This tour basically starts and ends in Kathmandu driving through the scenic countrysides of Nepal. Early morning we drive uphill through the hilly and scenic road via the Langtang National Park towards Rasuwagadhi/Kerung of Nepal-Tibet border. Completion of immigration and custom formalities are necessary while on entry and exit of both Tibet (China) and Nepal at separate immigration posts.
- Fixed Departure Tours are available on advance booking.
- Tour includes accommodation and breakfast only.
- Tour can be customized with Everest Base Camp and further to Lhasa.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- Scenic drive through the Lantang National Park in Nepal
- Enchanting Tibetan countrysides and towns
- Ancient monasteries along the route
- Visit of holy Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash
- 3 days trekking around Mount Kailash
- The highest Drolma La Pass (5,630m/18,472ft)