Tsum has come from the Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’, which means vivid. The Tsum Valley traditionally was a culturally distinct geographical region referred to as ‘Tsum Tso Chucksums’, which means thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. Tsum Valley trek was open for foreign tourists since 2008 only. It has a unique importance in cultural aspect. The monasteries and the traditions are the major attractions of the valley. Due to its pristine state and remoteness, the unique culture of this valley has remained unspoiled for centuries.
Tsum Valley extends from 1,905 meters at Lokpa to over 5,093 meters at Ngula Dhojhyang Pass on the Tibetan border. The valley has an area of about 1,663 sq.km and lies in Gorkha district of Nepal. Tsum Valley is largely well-known as the “Hidden Valley”. Baudha Himal and Himal Chuli from the west, Ganesh Himal from the south and Sringi Himal from the north encircle this hidden valley. The valley also includes two remote villages- Chhekampar (Upper Tsum) and Chumchet (Lower Tsum). The valley is still virgin to the modern world.
Tsum Valley trek is also available as Tsum Valley Manaslu trek with its extension further to Larke pass (5,106m/16,752ft).
- Stunning off-the-beaten trail
- Majestic views of Ganesh, Sringi and Boudha Himal
- Unique culture and traditions of the Buddhist people
- Sacred monasteries, gompas, chortens and mani walls
- Virgin trail with Home Staying facility
- Scenic landscapes and ancient villages
- Tsum Valley special trekking permit
- Manaslu Conservation Area permit
- Three meals (B/L/D) a day on trekking from teahouse/lodge or village kitchens
- Accommodations at teahouse/lodge or village homes (Home Stay) in the mountains
- An English speaking Trekking Guide
- A porter shared between two trekkers
- Staff insurance, salary, food, accommodation and their transportation
- Kathmandu-Soti Khola-Kathmandu overland transfers by bus
- First aid kit box
- A farewell Nepali dinner with live culture program
- Bar and beverages bills, bottled water
- Nature of personal expenses
- Personal cloths and equipment such as sleeping bag, jacket, boots etc.
- Insurance for accidental, medical and evacuation
- Tips to the staff
- International Airfare and Taxes
- Kathmandu City Tour
- Mt. Everest Flight
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan or Bardia National Park
- Bird Watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- White Water Rafting in Nepal
- Bungy Jumping / Canyoning / Paragliding / Ultralight Flight
- Shopping Tours