The 1,200 kilometers long Trans-Himalayan Highway from Lhasa to Kathmandu is one of the most scenic, popular, demanding and amazing trails for international mountain bikers that goes over the huge span of barren desert and Snowy High Mountain passes. This is originally the part of the famed Silk Road of the middle ages once facilitated trade between China, Nepal and India. It was almost impossible to continue the journey throughout the year because of snow on the high passes. Later when the Chinese Government opened the region for tourism, introduced good hotels and restaurants and invested in road construction, Lhasa and present Tibet came to this situation.
Tibet became then opened for travellers having a passion for mountain-biking over the high passes of Tibetan plateau. So, the permits are now available to cycle the entire way from Lhasa to Kathmandu. A strong determination is necessary to attempt the expedition. The Lhasa to Kathmandu Trans-Himalayan highway is the highest road in the world with an average altitude of 4,500 meters (14,764ft) above sea level as it traverses the Tibetan plateau. It is also the world’s longest continuous descent. The bikers must also face the zigzagging mountain passes and endure a constant battle against breathlessness with awe-inspiring Himalayan scenery. The trip is expected to cover 70 to 100 kilometers per day.
- Only Private Tours are available.
- Tour includes accommodation and breakfast only in Lhasa.
- Operation of Tibet Tours sometimes depends on the Chinese authority.
- World’s only tour where you can visit the Mount Everest Base Camp on a bike
- Extraordinary culture, great people and traditions
- Ancient monasteries along the tour
- World’s longest and deepest mountain bike descent, unbelievable 4,000m downhill
- Tibet Travel Permit
- Chinese visa fee (Normal)
- Rongbuk entrance & Everest Conservation fee
- Economy class air ticket for Kathmandu to Lhasa
- An English speaking Tibetan Guide
- Sightseeing as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Monasteries’ entrance fees
- All accommodations on a twin share basis at Hotel/Guest House/Camps (Tents)
- All Camps with Full Board (3 Meals) basis as per mentioned in the itinerary
- Kitchen crew including an experienced Cook
- One Support Truck for carrying Sherpas, food and camping equipment
- Camping equipment such as Sleeping Tents, Mattresses, Toilet and Kitchen Tent etc.
- Transportation from Kerung border to Kathmandu by Jeep
- All necessary Hotel/Airport/Hotel transfers
- One portable oxygen cylinder to each for emergency
- Bicycle (Please bring your own Bike)
- Lunch, Dinner in Lhasa and Bar bills
- Personal expenses, laundry, photography etc.
- Personal warm gears like sleeping bag and jacket, Sun hat, Sun glasses, Sun cream etc.
- Extra expenses due to any natural and political causes such as snow, landslide, strikes, etc.
- Tips to the staff
- Rescue, Evacuation and Cost of Insurance
- Single supplement charges
- Kathmandu City Cultural Tour
- Mt. Everest Flight
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan or Bardia National Park
- Bird Watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- White Water Rafting in Nepal
- Bungy Jumping / Canyoning / Paragliding / Ultralight Flight
- Shopping Tours