Kanchenjunga region is situated in Eastern Nepal bordering with the Indian State of Sikkim and Tibet of China. Kanchenjunga region although a controlled area, is perhaps one of the most remote trekking regions to the Base Camp of the world’s third highest peak. Kanchenjunga was first climbed by a British team in 1955 and opened for organized trekking groups in 1988 only. Mt. Kanchenjunga (8,586m/28,170ft), the "Treasures of the Snow" is believed to be the home of the legendary Yeti. The Kanchenjunga area with unique mountain ecosystems is envisioned as a tri-national peace park with Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) of China to the north and Sikkim of India in the east.
This region is protected as a conservation park by Government of Nepal. Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project (KCAP) has been recognized by WWF as a Global Eco Region. The Himalayan animal species residing here include-red panda, black bear, musk deer, blue sheep, rhesus macaw and the elusive snow leopard. The flora is also inspiring with 1200 species of flowering plant, 69 types of orchid and 30 varieties of rhododendron. The Lapsang La Pass (5,415m/17,766ft) and Sinion/Mirgin La Pass (4,665m/15,305ft) are the challenging passes in Kanchenjunga region. The north face of Kanchenjunga seen from Pangpema is truly unforgettable, a worthy destination to visit.
- Kanchenjunga special trekking permit
- Kanchenjunga Conservation Area permit
- Three meals (B/L/D) a day on trekking from teahouse/lodge and camps
- Accommodations at teahouse/lodge/tents in the mountains
- A Sherpa Group leader along the camp crew
- Necessary porters
- Necessary equipment including high mountain Tents, Ropes, Mattresses, etc.
- Staff insurance, salary, food, accommodation and their transportation
- Regular flights for Kathmandu-Suketar-Kathmandu and ground transfers to/from airport
- First aid kit box
- A farewell Nepali dinner with live culture program
- Bar and beverages bills, bottled water
- Nature of personal expenses
- Personal cloths and equipment such as sleeping bag, jacket, boots etc.
- Personal equipment that may require for high passes such as Ice-axe, Crampons, etc.
- Insurance for accidental, medical and evacuation
- Tips to the staff
- International Airfare and Taxes
- Kathmandu City Tour
- Mt. Everest Flight
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan or Bardia National Park
- Bird Watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- White Water Rafting in Nepal
- Bungy Jumping / Canyoning / Paragliding / Ultralight Flight
- Shopping Tours