Chola Pass (5,330m/17,487ft) is one of the most adventurous and hard treks in the Everest region of Nepal. Our Chola Pass and Lobuje East Climb trip is for passionate trekkers who are looking for more challenging expedition. So, we have combined this trek with Lobuje Peak expedition. Lobuje East expedition offers to witness the pristine Sherpa villages, their lively culture and serene monasteries on the world famous Everest Base Camp trail. The trip starts from and comes to conclusion at Lukla airstrip following a short and exciting flight from Kathmandu. Then the trek goes through Namche Bazaar and all the way to Gokyo Valley, Chola Pass, Kalapatthar and Mt. Everest Base Camp. Hence we are ready for Lobuje Peak expedition.
Lobuje Peak (6,119m/20,076ft), also spelt as Lobuche is situated in the popular Everest region of Nepal. Lobuche Peak climbing is physically very demanding and technically straightforward on the snow slopes. Lobuche Peak has two distinct summits- Lobuche East (6,119m/20,076ft) and Lobuche West (6,145m/20,161ft). Although both the peaks are connected by a continuous ridge, there is a prominent gap and a visible distance between them. The true east peak can be summitted by descending into a notch and climbing steep snow/ice slopes to the top. This peak is exceptionally climbed and repeatedly mistaken as Lobuje West. Most of the climbers reach the summit ridge only as far as a subsidiary snow summit just before the notch and south-east of the true peak.
- One of Nepal’s popular trekking peaks
- The challenging Chola pass (5,330m/17,487ft)
- The spectacular views from Gokyo Ri
- Side trip to the Everest Base Camp
- Magnificent views of Mt. Everest Himalayan range
- The first ascent was made by Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa on April 25, 1984
- Permit fees for Lobuje East Peak and Sagarmatha National Park
- Three meals a day (B/L/D) served at teahouse/lodge and at our own kitchen during climbing period
- Accommodations in the mountains at teahouse/lodge/tents
- An English speaking Trekking Guide
- Experienced NMA registered Climbing Sherpa Guide
- An experienced Cook and kitchen crew for camping period
- Necessary porters
- Necessary climbing equipment including Top quality high mountain Tents, Fixed and Main ropes, Ice-screws, Safety ropes, Jumars, Karabiners, etc.
- Staff insurance, salary, food, accommodation and their transportation
- Regular flights for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu and ground transfers to/from airport
- Satellite phone support for expeditions and trekking peaks (on demand)
- Emergency co-operation service and first aid kit box
- A certificate by Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) on successful summit of peak climb
- A farewell Nepali dinner with live culture program
- Bar and beverages bills, bottled water
- Nature of personal expenses
- Personal cloths and equipment such as sleeping bag, jacket, boots etc.
- Personal climbing equipment such as Plastic Boots, Ice-axe, Gaiters, Crampons, Harness, etc.
- Insurance for accidental, medical and evacuation
- Tips to the staff
- Refundable Garbage Deposit of US $500
- International Airfare and Taxes
- Kathmandu City Tour
- Mt. Everest Flight
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan or Bardia National Park
- Bird Watching in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- White Water Rafting in Nepal
- Bungy Jumping / Canyoning / Paragliding / Ultralight Flight
- Shopping Tours